Creating a new Admin on Mac Os X:
Here’s how to reset your OS X password without an OS X CD.
the Working solution for me was to create a new admin
you can create new admin like this by deleting a specific file.
You need to enter terminal and create a new admin account:
2. Hold apple key + s key down after you hear the chime.
(command + s keys on newer Macs)
3. When you get text prompt enter in these terminal commands to create a brand new admin account (hitting return after each line):
mount -uw /
shutdown -h now
4. After rebooting you should have a brand new admin account. When you login as the new admin you can simply delete the old one and your good to go again!
- February 27, 2013 @ 15:17:00 [Current Revision] by admin
- February 27, 2013 @ 15:16:56 by admin