Set / Change / Reset the MySQL root password on Ubuntu Linux
– Ubuntu Linux 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon and MySQL 5.0.45. (2007-10-21)
– Ubuntu Linux 6.06 Dapper Drake and MySQL 4.1.15.
Set / change / reset the MySQL root password on Ubuntu Linux. Enter the following lines in your terminal.
- Stop the MySQL Server.
sudo /etc/init.d/mysql stop
- Start the mysqld configuration.
sudo mysqld --skip-grant-tables &
- Login to MySQL as root.
mysql -u root mysql
- Replace YOURNEWPASSWORD with your new password!
UPDATE user SET Password=PASSWORD('YOURNEWPASSWORD') WHERE User='root'; FLUSH PRIVILEGES; exit;
Note: This method is not regarded as the securest way of resetting the password. However it works.
- April 8, 2015 @ 09:38:32 [Current Revision] by admin
- April 8, 2015 @ 09:38:32 by admin