- First, doctor we need to see what user Apache is running under. Type the following into a New file in any text editor. Save As whoami.php in the /var/www directory (or wherever you set Apache to serve files from):
<?php echo(exec("whoami")); ?>
- Open this file in a browser (for instance, store localhost/whoami.php). It should reveal who the user is
- This tells you that the web server is running under the user webuser.
You can now give that user recursive ownership (all subfolders) of your WordPress installation using the command:
-hR webuser:webuser /var/mydomain.com/public_html/wordpress/
- October 2, 2013 @ 08:52:38 [Current Revision] by admin
- October 2, 2013 @ 08:52:38 by admin