rmally we use .htaccess and .htpassword files for setting up password protection for accessing certain pages/folders/directories.
In Webmin, there is an option called “Password protecting a directory” set up for you.
Below are the easy steps to password protect a directory using Webmin:
1) login in to the Webmin interface
2) Main menu -> choose “Others” -> choose “Protected Web Directories” -> “Add protection for a new diretcory”
3) in settings:
Directory path: select the path/directory which you want to protect
File containing users: if any, or choose automatically
File containing groups: if any, or choose None
Password encryption: choose the encryption type
Authentication realm: the name will appear in login box, ex: “Admin Area”
Users to allow: put the username you want to setup in “Only Users:” field
4) click the “Create” button
5) in the next page, you can add/edit password for this user, then click submit/save button. It’s done!
- October 18, 2013 @ 08:36:02 [Current Revision] by admin
- October 18, 2013 @ 08:36:02 by admin